Courtyard Montreal Downtown
380 Rene-Levesque Boulevard West
Certified Product Owner Course + Workshop
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner Course is unique. We do a two-day interactive course plus a one-day workshop. Certified Scrum Product Owner training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and will help you begin to develop the tools, attitudes, and skills required to apply Scrum on your projects and across your organization.
This is an intermediate course, for people with some knowledge and experience. We will spend some time reviewing the basic principles of Scrum to ensure a clear and unified understanding. Experience shows that practitioners frequently need to explain the principles to co-workers, so you will get practice in the course explaining the basics.
Unlike others, we almost always combine a one- or two-day workshop with this course. The content of the course and workshop are described more fully here. You may take the CSPO course only, if you want. Attendees strongly recommend the Workshop. In overly simple terms, it takes the ideas and makes them practical in your work.
In addition to the Course/Workshop, you get:
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner
- A continental breakfast, morning coffee, lunch, and an afternoon break.
- A two-year membership in Scrum Alliance.
- A printed copy of the course materials (and a softcopy)
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
- Other Scrum-related materials
Samples of what you will learn:
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the Product Backlog
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- The basics of scaling Scrum, perhaps to large, multi-continent project teams
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s nine years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
The Agile Release Planning Workshop:
- Unlike others, we always combine a one-day Agile Release Planning Workshop with the course.
- The workshop takes the real work of the identified Product Owner at each table, and we do Agile Release Planning for that work. This includes building the initial Product Backlog.
- It is an excellent way to take the ideas of the course and make them practical. It builds the initial Product Backlog. It gets your team ready to start on Monday.
- You may take the CSPO course only, if you want, but be aware that attendees strongly recommend the ARP workshop.
- You may also take the Agile Release Planning Workshop by itself. For example, later.
- Joe Little, an experienced Agile coach and Scrum Trainer (CST), will lead this Scrum course.
- Joe has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum), and you benefit from this experience.
- Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience.
- Joe has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile.
- He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog, Agile & Business. Joe is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) associated with Scrum Alliance.
Registration and Fees
- Early bird pricing for the two-day course is $1,300. The normal price is $1,400.
- Early bird price for the two-day course + one-day ARP Workshop is $1,650. The normal price is $1,750.
- If you are a member of a local Agile or PMI group, you get a $100 reduction in these fees.
- Alternately, there is a 10% discount for any group of three or more.
- In addition, there is a 3% discount off the net due if you pay with cash (e.g. at the beginning of the course).
Please register using the ‘Register Now’ button (above right) or contact our office and we can discuss payment methods, receipts, invoices, etc. Payments methods include USD check, money transfer, credit card, PayPal, over-the-phone (CC), cash, etc. All payments should be received before the course starts. Once you pay, you become registered. You can email Cassandra Wagner or call 704-376-8881.
The course date may be changed up until 16 days prior to the start date. We will advise you.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must identify that person before the course starts.
There are other options and other situations. Some involve notable fees or deductions. These rules are discussed at this webpage. You are responsible for reading these rules carefully. In general, fees or extra costs are more likely if you are within 16 days of the course start.
Please contact Cassandra if you have questions (Cassandra.Wagner@LeanAgileTraining.com).