Below are the people who lead our courses.
Joe is an Agile coach and Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) through Scrum Alliance. His goal is to use Lean-Agile principles and practices to help firms deliver more business value for customers, to make workers’ lives better and to benefit stakeholders. Two of his passions are helping teams discover business value and discovering new avenues to greater productivity. He is proud of the several people he has mentored, who are now very strong in Agile.
Joe learned Scrum from Ken Schwaber and was later mentored by Jeff Sutherland, with whom he continues to co-teach. He also works with several other CSTs (and friends). He has produced Lean Software Development training with the Poppendiecks. His preference is to practice Agile as a combination of Scrum, XP and Lean principles and practices. Joe has been a speaker at many conferences, including Agile20xx and Agile Tour (over several years in various locations), and at many other venues around the world. He started Agile-Carolinas and Agile Charleston, and helped start 3 other agile user groups.
In a summary:
- Joe has 10+ years of experience as a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), and more as an Agile coach.
- Joe has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum), and we believe you get more “real Scrum” because of this experience.
- Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience.
- Joe has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile.
- He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers.
- Take a look at Joe’s blog, Agile & Business.
- Joe is a CST associated with Scrum Alliance.
Having worked in software development and new product development for 20+ years, he identifies equally with the Implementers and with the business side. Joe was a Big 6 management consultant, a senior business and IT consultant to a number of household names in New York, London and Charlotte. In 1991, he launched Kitty Hawk Consulting. Joe has led lean-agile-scrum transformations in the US, Canada, France, the UK, Peru, Argentina, India and Romania.
A native son of Virginia, Joe lived in NYC for 20+ years, and he now resides with his family in Charlotte, NC. He has a BA from Yale and an MBA from NYU. Joe also has the CSM, CSPO, CSP and CST certifications from Scrum Alliance.
Base: Charlotte, NC.
David Muldoon is a senior Agile Coach focused on enterprise change management for large-scale organizational transformations.
David leverages his 16 years of experience with Projects and with Product Development to enable organizations to deliver higher quality products while empowering a high performance work environment.
David recently led a scaled Agile transformation across a large cross-functional organization of over 700 people, based in North America, Europe and Asia.
He is both a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
Base: Ottawa, Ontario