Novotel Montreal Centre
1180 Rue de la Montagne
Certified Product Owner Course + Workshop
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner Course + Agile Release Planning Workshop is unique. Unlike any others, we offer a 2-day interactive CSPO Course plus a 1-day ARP Workshop.
According to Scrum Alliance, this is a beginner’s course.
However, we find that many people coming to the course have notable experience if not a prior CSM certification. So, we try to treat this as an intermediate course for people with some knowledge and experience working with Scrum.
We will spend some time reviewing the principles behind Scrum to ensure a clear and unified understanding. Experience shows that practitioners frequently need to explain the principles to coworkers, so you will practice explaining them in the course.
Our workshopallows you to take real work and do Agile Release Planning with it. It takes the real work of the identified Product Owner at each table, and the team at that table does the Agile Release Planning for that work.
This is an excellent way to take the ideas of the CSPO Course and make them practical, build the initial Product Backlog and get you and your team ready to start on Monday.
You learn a number of key skills, including writing stories, estimating BV points, estimating story points, putting together the first plan for the first release, etc., which raise your confidence level.
The ARP Workshop is optional, but attendees recommend it so strongly that we consider it virtually required. You can also come to an ARP Workshop on a separate day (if the day after the CSPO Course is inconvenient).
None; except that you must have at least read the Scrum Guide.
We hope everyone taking this course already has taken our CSM Course and has some experience with Scrum (at least a few months) or has experience that is roughly equivalent.
What You Get
Upon completion of the CSPO Course and ARP Workshop, you receive many benefits.
- Recognition by Scrum Alliance as a CSPO
- 24 SEUs and 24 PDUs (or 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs if you only take the 2-day course)
- A 2-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- A printed copy of the course materials
- One pack of Fibonacci estimating cards to use for estimating with your team
- A soft copy of our draft book: “A Scrum Introduction”
- A soft copy of our book on Agile Release Planning
- Other Scrum-related materials
Note: To become an official CSPO, you must satisfactorily complete the course and agree to the license agreement at ScrumAlliance.org.
Why Choose Us?
- A better trainer (co-trained 8 times with Jeff Sutherland and 10+ years as a CST).
- A more fun, entertaining and memorable course.
- More success for you, your team, your customers and your organization.
- More real Scrum!
Joe Little has 10+ years of experience as an Agile coach and CST and will lead this course. He has co-trained 8 times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum) which will give you more “real Scrum” when taking this course.
Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 4 and related consulting experience. He also has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog.
Registration and Fees
- Registration covers a continental breakfast, AM break, lunch and a PM break.
- We may change pricing at any time.
- If you need us to hold a price for you for a couple of days (e.g., to get approval), please contact us and we probably can do that.
- If you are a member of a local Agile group or PMI chapter or SPIN group, you can normally get a $100 reduction in these fees.
- Alternately, there is a 10% discount for any group of three or more.
- In addition, there is a 3% cash discount.
- These are the short explanations for these pricing rules. If you have questions, please contact us.
- These rules are not fully automated. We may contact you after you register to make an adjustment.
- Payment methods include credit card, USD check, money transfer, PayPal, over-the-phone (CC), cash, etc. All payments should be received before the course starts.
- Invoices and receipts, etc., are possible.
- Contact us for further details or see here.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must identify that person before the course starts.
Fees or extra costs are more likely if you need to cancel within 16 days of the course start.Click here for more information regarding changes and refunds.