Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Franklin Cool Springs
9150 Carothers Parkway
Franklin, TN 37067
Certified ScrumMaster Course + Workshop
Our Certified ScrumMaster course + Agile Release Planning Workshop approach is unique. Unlike others, we offer a two-day interactive CSM course plus a one-day Agile Release Planning Workshop.
The CSM course gives you an applied understanding of the Scrum process and will help you develop the tools, attitudes, and skills required to apply Scrum on your projects and across your organization. The ARP Workshop allows you to take real work and do Agile Release Planning with it. It is highly recommended by attendees.
The course covers the basics of Scrum and several advanced topics, so that you will have the knowledge, the interest and the motivation to use these ideas more effectively. You will have enough knowledge and skill to get started with Scrum, and be more successful.
Upon completion of the course and the workshop, you will receive 24 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units) toward the requirements of the CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) and 24 PDUs toward PMI requirements. (Or 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs if you only take the CSM course.)
In addition to the Course/Workshop, you receive:
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster
- A two-year membership in Scrum Alliance
- A printed copy of the course materials (and a softcopy)
- Fibonacci estimating cards, for use in estimating with your team
- Other Scrum-related materials
- SEUs and PDUs as described above
- A free copy of our book on Agile Release Planning
Note: To become an official CSM, you must satisfactorily complete the Course and the CSM Test. The CSM Test is later, online, and takes almost one hour.
Samples of What You Will Learn:
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the Product Backlog
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- The basics of scaling Scrum, perhaps to large, multi-continent project teams
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s ten years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
The Agile Release Planning Workshop:
- Unlike others, we always offer a one-day Agile Release Planning Workshop with the course.
- The workshop takes the real work of the identified Product Owner at each table, and we do the Agile Release Planning for that work.
- It is an excellent way to take the ideas of the course and make them practical. It builds the initial Product Backlog. It gets you and your team ready to start on Monday.
- You may take the CSM course only, but be aware that attendees strongly recommend the ARP Workshop.
- You may also take the Agile Release Planning Workshop by itself.
- Joe Little, who has 10 years of experience as an Agile coach and Scrum Trainer (CST), will lead this Scrum course.
- Joe has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum), and we believe you get more “real Scrum” because of this experience.
- Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience.
- Joe has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile.
- He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog, Agile & Business.
- Joe is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) associated with Scrum Alliance.
Why Choose Us?
- A better trainer
- A fun, entertaining and memorable course
- More success
- …because more real Scrum
You may want to learn about our Referral Program and about our Refresher Program. We are starting to offer free and paid Webinars, to go along with the in-person course. The content of the course and workshop are described more fully here.
- Read the Scrum Guide by Sutherland and Schwaber (about 17 pages).
- Read one of Ken Schwaber’s or Jeff Sutherland’s books. We recommend for beginners “Agile Project Management with Scrum” by Ken Schwaber or “Scrum” by Jeff Sutherland. They are available in Kindle versions, if that interests you and some libraries should have them.
Registration and Fees
- Early bird price for the two-day CSM Course and one-day ARP Workshop is $1,745. The normal price is $1,850.
- Early bird price for the two-day CSM Course is $1,295. The normal price is $1,500.
- We may change from early bird pricing to normal pricing at any time. If you need us to hold a price for you for a couple of days, e.g., to get approval, please contact us and we probably can do that.
- If you are a member of a local Agile or PMI group, you can get a $100 reduction in these fees.
- Alternately, there is a 10% discount for any group of three or more. (Contact us.) If you have 6 or more people, please contact us.
- In addition, there is a 3% discount off the net due if you pay with cash (e.g., at the beginning of the course). To receive the cash discount, you must make a $100 non-refundable deposit (which normally is just a pre-payment) before the course starts. The deposit will be lost (due to hotel costs) if you do not come to the course for any reason.
The fee also covers food and beverage at the course (typically, a continental breakfast, AM break, lunch and a PM break). The course fee also covers the cost of the CSM Test.
Please register using the “Register Now” button (above right). If you register multiple people, please send us an email with their names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact Retta and we can discuss other payment methods, receipts, invoices, etc. Payment methods include USD check, money transfer, credit card, PayPal, over-the-phone (CC), cash, etc. All payments should be received before the Course starts. Once we receive payment you will be registered.
The course date may be changed up until 16 days prior to the start date. Please do not book non-refundable travel expenses without discussing with us. We can advise you when the date is set.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must identify that person before the course starts.
There are other options and other situations. Some involve notable fees or deductions. These rules are discussed at this webpage. You are responsible for reading these rules carefully. In general, fees or extra costs are more likely if you are within 16 days of the course start.
Please contact Retta if you have questions (info@LeanAgileTraining.com).