Courtyard Marriott Nashville Brentwood
103 East Park Drive
Brentwood, TN, 37027
Certified ScrumMaster Course + Workshop
Our Certified Scrum Master Course + Agile Release Planning Workshop approach is unique. Unlike others, we offer a 2-day interactive CSM Course plus a 1-day ARP Workshop.
Our course gives you an applied understanding of the Scrum process and will help you develop the tools, attitudes and skills required to apply Scrum on your projects and across your organization.
We cover the basics of Scrum as well as several advanced Scrum topics to give you the knowledge, interest and motivation you need to use these ideas more effectively. You will have enough knowledge and skill to get started with Scrum and be more successful.
Our workshop allows you to take real work and do Agile Release Planning with it. It takes the real work of the identified Product Owner at each table, and the team at that table does the Agile Release Planning for that work.
This is an excellent way to take the ideas of the CSM Course and make them practical, build the initial Product Backlog and get you and your team ready to start on Monday.
What You Get
Upon completion of the CSM Course and ARP Workshop, you receive many benefits.
The main benefit, of course, is knowledge about Scrum and Agile, which will help you get the business benefits of Scrum and Agile for yourself, your Scrum Team and your customers.
These business benefits could likely include, directly or indirectly, a better career.
Note: To become an official CSM, you must satisfactorily complete the course and the CSM Test. The CSM Test is later, online and takes about 45 minutes. You must also agree to the Scrum Alliance license agreement.
Once you become a CSM, you will receive:
- Recognition by Scrum Alliance as a CSM (including a printable certificate)
- 24 SEUs and 24 PDUs (or 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs if you only take the 2-day course)
- A 2-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- A printed copy of the course materials
- One pack of Fibonacci estimating cards to estimate with your team
- A copy of our draft Scrum Introduction book
- A free copy of our book on Agile Release Planning
- A PDF copy of the drawings and notes from the course
Joe Little has 10+ years of experience as an Agile coach and CST and will lead this course. He has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum) which will give you more “real Scrum” when taking this course.
Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience. He also has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog.
Why Choose Us?
- A better trainer
- A more fun, entertaining and memorable course
- More success for you and your organization
- More real Scrum!
Registration and Fees
- Registration includes a continental breakfast, AM break, lunch and PM break.
- Fees include the cost of the CSM Test. (No extra fee later.)
- We may change pricing at any time.
- If you need us to hold a price for you for a couple of days (e.g., to get approval), please contact us and we probably can do that.
- If you are a member of a local Agile group or PMI chapter or SPIN group, you can normally get a $100 reduction in these fees. (This discount is not available with a course below $1,000.)
- Alternately, there is a 10% discount for any group of three or more.
- In addition, there is a 3% cash discount.
- Payment methods include USD check, money transfer, credit card, PayPal, over-the-phone (CC), cash, etc. All payments should be received before the course starts.
- Invoices and receipts are possible.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must identify that person before the course starts.
Fees or extra costs are more likely if you need to cancel within 16 days of the course start. Click here for more information regarding changes and refunds.