Why Scrum Works
There are many reasons that Scrum works, although not all of these reasons are obvious. Nor do they all happen at the same time.
There are also many ways of explaining these reasons. Here are some of my favorite ways to explain why Scrum works:
- The bad news does not get better with age.
- We have to slow down to go faster.
- Empirical Process Control
- Self-managing teams
- The PO uses the Pareto Rule (80-20)
- Complex Adaptive Systems
- Adaptive Planning (eg, as one specific thing: release plan refactoring)
- We get better each day (eg, by working the top impediment each day)